Hey, so Spider-Man: Homecoming was pretty good. Some stuff that I feel should be brought up (I will warn you when I am about to enter spoiler territory):
- Not quite Avengers quality, but still pretty enjoyable.
- Tom Holland is perhaps the most believable of the Spider-Men we’ve seen. I can actually believe that he is a kid (probably helps that he is so young too). They might have gone a bit over-board with the whole “I’m a millennial, so I vlog and stuff” style, but hey, if they want Spider-Man to be a vlogger, then so be it.
- I was not a big fan of Ned as a character. Overall he just feels like an embodiment of the funny nerdy friend cliche, and he wasn’t all that funny. There were a few scenes where I felt like Batalon’s acting for Ned wasn’t up to snuff, especially when one-on-one with Tom Holland playing Penis Parker.
- I was a fan of the suit customization and Peter’s interactions with the suit throughout the back half of the film. I hope we can see more of that going forward!
- Aunt May’s attractiveness is distracting. Marisa Tomei needs to chill. Aunts can be attractive I guess, but I actually found it genuinely distracting in some scenes. Forgive me. It’s especially jarring if you recall what Aunt May looked like in Toby Maguire’s Spider-Man series. Talk about a Transformation Tuesday am I right???
Now be warned. You are about to enter Spoil Town!!